Our mission is to spark conversation, find common ground, and foster learning and discovery in Plymouth, MN by rallying readers around a single book.
- Build compassion by challenging readers to heed another’s experience
- Revive and revel in the joy of reading
- Celebrate the diverse cultures and beliefs in Plymouth
- Provide high quality, fun opportunities to come together
- Cultivate pride in Plymouth—for the City, library, businesses, organizations, and all residents
Book Selection Criteria:
- Reflects the mission and goals of Plymouth READS in an appreciable way
- Well-written and readable, with broad appeal
- Available in multiple formats – audio, eBook, large print, etc.
- Multifaceted themes that inspire supporting events to further engage and add context
- Preference for:
- An author with a Minnesota connection
- A living author who can speak at Literary Night of Primavera: Springtime Celebration of the Arts
Plymouth READS is a partnership between the Friends of the Plymouth Library, the City of Plymouth, the Plymouth Arts Council, and Hennepin County Libraries.
- LuAnn Svendsen, chair of the Plymouth READS Committee, with author Lucie Amundsen (2018)
Recommend a book for next year’s program! Just fill out our Readers Recommend form.
Sign-up to receive exclusive email notifications regarding Plymouth READS events and opportunities! Add your name and email at: surveymonkey.com/r/bookloverslist.
Questions? Suggestions? Would you like to volunteer? Contact Plymouth READS!